Wednesday 9 October 2013

Times are changing...



Yes the seasons are changing and so are things here at Priddy Priddy.

Evolving

Since our family car went to the scrap heap heaven I have found it harder and harder to keep Priddy Priddy going.  

I'm unable to get to sources for furniture as regularly as I did and when I do get there transporting the larger furniture home is no longer possible.

So a change in direction may is required...

I have always enjoyed crafting, since a little girl I have doodled away.  

As I grew up so did my crafty 'tastes', they grew with my needs.  When I got my first home with a tiny baby there was little budget to furnish it, so I made my own curtains and pillows etc.  Painted what furniture was gifted to us, making it sit happily in our little home.  

Crafting, creating, making do, is something that has stayed with me over the years.

I still have an eye for pretty things, I can still see the beauty in an old wreck.

Priddy Priddy will it seem for the time being be shifting towards a more hand made, crafty way of life.  

I'm happy that the gorgeous little things still seek me out...I think they sense a kindred soul.

I'm happy to craft away to my little hearts content to find my 'niche' 

Change is good, it is hard, but it is good.
I am a creature of habit and find changes hard but you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone to grow sometimes.
My push wasn't voluntary but I will try a change, the worst that can happen is that I start again.

So after the final MK Handmade and Vintage Fair of 2013 this November I will be taking stock, clearing out perhaps.  Bringing those lovely Vintage Suitcases full of wonder home and listing the beauties from within on Etsy

A start has been made here on the blog, a new layout.
All the links to Etsy, Bloglovin, Facebook etc are all at the top.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no you can't leave us we love all your stuff and who will we gossip with at MK Handmade and Vintage? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping we will be there next year, but just in a slightly different set up...fingers crossed!
      xx

      Delete