Tuesday 30 April 2013

Be still my beating heart...

When I spotted this, it was looking more than a bit sad.  Sat under a tarp trying to avoid the rain, wood-stain as dark as the rain laden skies.

But 

I recognised straight away that she was a lady no less, who had  once been quite fine but had sadly seen herself fallen on hard times.  
Whispering 'oh my goodness what a treasure' words I loaded 'her' into the car and bought her home for a spot of TLC.
My eldest son is partially responsible too, I spotted her earlier and wanted a second opinion...he agreed that it could be a thing of beauty.

Sugar soaped and handles removed she was looking forlorn and I think possibly questioning my wisdom.
However a coat of Annie Sloan later and she came back inside, looking happier, cleaner and on the road to recovery/renovation!

Others passed by her, making appreciative noises.  Some ran their hands along the lines, others smiled as they mentally found a spot to re-house her.

And here she is...



barely recognisable from how I found her.  



Paint was mixed, the right colour befitting this fine old gal...




I uhmmed and ahhhed {as I tend to do} over handles, then decided to keep her original ones which are really quite lovely.


A light wash over the handles just to pick up the detail.





So what do you think?

***


Sold
thank you
x



12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, I'm sure you'll find a buyer very soon. We've both been busy with Anne Sloan, haven't we? Thanks for popping over to me, you're always very welcome!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your craft room is looking wonderful, loving the corner unit....and well all of it in honesty!
      Nicky
      x

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Beautifully done.
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Im really happy with the finish
      Nicky
      x

      Delete
  3. Very elegant - do you also have a before picture? I am liking those handles too
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was dodging showers, school runs and Friday night dinner I didn't do before shots. She was all there, just worn and jaded. Twas an awful dark stain though {yuck}
      Nicky
      x

      Delete
  4. You've worked your magic! Beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my luvvy, if she was a keeper I would be lining with a bit of your vintage wallpapers!
      Nicky
      x

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! (I have been painting a little this week too, with some Annie Sloan.) What a difference it makes! Love the shape and the pretty handles. I am sure this will sell really fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint is amazing isn't it? Well worth it, it mixes up so nicely, so a small mix of colours makes for a lovely pallete to paint with.
      Nicky
      x

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! i wish I had space here for her. x

    ReplyDelete